There are many developers and teams using XState in the wild (opens new window), to help control various aspects of their applications, in the frontend and backend, and in many different frameworks (or even without a framework!):
- Amazon's Amplify UI (opens new window) uses XState for its Authenticator component (see here (opens new window))
- The Hashicorp Vault project (opens new window) uses XState to control contextual user flows for getting new users up and running. The machines are in the open-source repository (opens new window).
- The Service Workies game (opens new window) has many levels whose flows are controlled by XState.
- "At bridge21.com (opens new window) we are re-writing our site using XState 3 and react-automata. It's a game changer.
- KongHQ (opens new window) has it "...deployed to production in Kong to handle form states (error, loading, modal, fetch machines etc.) in our Vue app (opens new window)"
- "Using XState 4 extensively in 4D Healthware (opens new window)'s frontend app.
- "We are using XState at Meru Health (opens new window) in our React Native app for managing many interactions.
- There is also a relevant presentation of using XState at React Helsinki (opens new window)
- "I used XState in a touchable app for the Royal Tyrrell Museum (Alberta - Canada) and documented its use in this article: "Modeling a Screensaver with a Statechart, a real use case" (opens new window)."
- "Used XState for the navigation of a keg analytics web-app BinaryBeer (opens new window)."
- "Used XState to model data fetching and filtering of a collection of products 👉 stimm.com (opens new window)"
- "We're now using xstate to power a couple of the more complicated interactions at my place in our Behavior Insights Engine at Maritz (opens new window).
- At Cypress (opens new window) we chose XState to manage state for our open source Real World App (opens new window). The app is a payment application used to demonstrate real-world usage of Cypress testing methods, patterns, and workflows. The machines (opens new window) are used for several different types of scenarios present in modern, responsive web applications.
- "We use XState at the backend in projects to control entity state" (https://www.linkedin.com/in/haltentech-team)